Insurance in France
Insurance in Germany
Insurance in the Netherlands
Qover Insurances with Venilu
Are you eligible for the insurance?
- We cover your bike all year round for up to maximum 3 years.
- An insurance policy intended for Venilu bikes only.
- The insurance is intended for people aged 18 and over who are officially resident in Belgium.
- Your bike is intended for private or commercial use (e.g. as a courier, deliveries, etc.).
What is theft insurance?
- If your bike is stolen, we will reimburse you after deducting the deductible.
- We will also reimburse you for damage if it is the result of an attempted theft.
What is material damage insurance?
- Your bike is covered against damage resulting from accidents, vandalism, flooding, fire and other external factors.
- We will reimburse you for the cost of repairs after application of the English deductible.
What is assistance insurance?
- If your bike is immobilized on a roadway accessible to our breakdown and towing service, we organize:
- Roadside assistance and towing
- Return and guidance of the children
- Flat tire assistance
- Assistance in the event of loss of keys to the padlock or a locked padlock
- Assistance to the insured during a transfer
How does it work?
- As soon as your bike is delivered your insurance will be activated. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail with your policy schedule, general conditions and the cancellation form.
- The customer can always ask Qover by telephone/mail to request all information by post.
- In case of theft or total loss:
- Contact us here to report a claim.
- You will receive a compensation by bank transfer corresponding to the [value of your bike - excess].
- If your bike needs repair:
- Contact us here to report a claim.
- You will be compensated for the repairs. Either we will send someone to carry out the repairs or you will have to go to a repair shop if the damage is too extensive.
- If it is not possible to repair your bike, you will receive compensation for the amount of the repair by transfer to your bank account.
How much is your excess?
- In the event of theft and total loss:
- You have an excess of 10% of the total insured value is applied, with a minimum of €50 and a maximum of €200 per claim.
- In the event of repairable material damage:
- You have an English excess of 10% of the total insured value will be applied, with a minimum of €50 and a maximum of €200 per claim, which means that if the amount of your damage exceeds the excess, we will pay you as from the 1st euro.
Under certain circumstances, you will not be covered by insurance. What are they (non-exhaustive list)?
- If the bike was in a place accessible to the public and was not secured to a fixed point by the frame with an agreed lock and not locked in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- If the bike was in a locked common room and was not secured to a fixed point by the frame with an agreed locked and not locked in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- The wheels, tyres or battery if they are stolen separately from the bike.
- If you cause damage to a third party while riding your bike, the insurance does not cover your liability.
- Purely aesthetic damage (e.g. scratches or dents).
- Damage resulting from a breach of trust or fraud.
Are there any other rules to follow?
- You will not be covered if you make technical modifications to the bike. However, you can add accessories such as a mudguard or child seat, but these will not be covered under this insurance unless they are originally delivered and for a maximum amount of 100 euros.
Where am I covered?
- Theft and material damage cover is valid in the countries of the European Union, Great Britain, the Principalities of Andorra and Monaco, the Vatican, Iceland, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino and Switzerland.
- The assistance guarantee is valid in Belgium and 20 km around the borders of Belgium.
What are my obligations?
- In the event of theft, you must report it to the police or judicial authorities within 24 hours.
- You must submit a copy of the police report to us at the time of the loss.
- You must notify the claim as soon as possible after the incident and within 8 days of becoming aware of it.
- You must keep the original invoice for your bicycle.
- You must attach your bike by the frame using an agreed lock, either ABUS BORDO (Security 10 or higher), ART (category 2 or higher), FUB (category 2 wheels or higher), or Sold Secure Silver (or Gold) to a fixed point (e.g. bike rack, post).
Can I cancel my contract?
- You can cancel the insurance contract within 14 calendar days of taking out the contract or receiving it.
- You can cancel your insurance at each annual expiry date. To do so, you must inform Qover at least 3 months before the expiry date of your contract, by registered letter, by bailiff's writ or by handing in the cancellation letter against receipt.
- You can cancel the insurance if we change the price or the general conditions.
- You can also cancel the insurance contract after a claim. You have 1 (one) month from the date of payment or refusal to pay compensation. The insurance contract will then expire 3 months after the date of notification.
When and how do I pay?
- You pay the premium annually.
- Your bike can be covered for a maximum of 3 consecutive years.
- Your contract has a duration of one year and is tacitly renewed every year.
- At the end of three years, we will terminate the contract. This way, you never pay too long and it suits your needs.
How do I report a claim?
- If you wish to report a claim, you can contact Qover via this online form claims.qover.com.
- You can reach Qover from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm on +32 2 588 97 16. Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions? We're here to help you.
- Information document on the insurance policy
- General terms and conditions
- Conflicts of Interest
This page is a summary of the insurance policy, please refer to the terms and conditions for full details of your cover.
- This insurance policy is managed by Qover S.A., a non-tied insurance agent authorised and regulated by the Financial Services & Markets Authority (FSMA - Belgium - registration No. 0650.939.878). Registered office: Rue du Commerce 31, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
- Theft and material damage coverage is taken out with Nationale-Nederlanden Schadeverzekering Maatschappij NV under Dutch law, entitled to cover Belgian risks, insurance company registered in Belgium under code number 2925. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK 'S-Gravenhage, the Netherlands - Trade Register Number DNB 27023707, supervised by the Nederlandsche Bank. Nationale-Nederlanden Schadeverzekering Maatschappij NV is entitled to provide insurance distribution services in Belgium on the basis of the freedom to provide services.
- Europ Assistance N.V., a limited liability company (société anonyme), incorporated under French law, having its registered office at 1, Promenade de la Bonnette, 92230 Gennevilliers, France, registered in the commercial and companies register of Nanterre under number 451 366 405 and approved by the French supervisory authority (ACPR 4 Place de Budapest - CS 92459 - 75436 Paris Cedex 09, France) under number 4021295. This insurance is underwritten by its Irish subsidiary Europ Assistance n.v. Irish branch, whose registered office is at 4th Floor 4-8, Eden Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland, D01 N5W8, registered with the Irish Enterprise Registration Office under number 907089 and approved by the Central Bank of Ireland (BP 559, New Wapping Street, Dublin 2, Ireland) under number C33673. The Irish branch operates under the Irish Insurance Code of Conduct (Code of Ethics for Insurance Companies) of the Central Bank of Ireland, registered in the Republic of Ireland under number 907089. Europ Assistance S.A. delegates the organisation of the assistance services and manages the assistance and claims through its branch office Europ Assistance Belgium, VAT BE 0738.431.009 RPM Brussels, Boulevard du Triomphe 172, 1160 Brussels. Europ Assistance N.V. is entitled to provide insurance distribution services in Belgium on the basis of the freedom to provide services.
- Bike insurance is a non-life insurance product (Branch 3). Bike assistance is a non-life insurance product (Branch 18).
- This contract is entered into for a period of one year. It shall be tacitly renewed a maximum of two times for consecutive periods of one year.
- This insurance contract is subject to Belgian law.
Information document and general terms and conditions
Information document on the insurance policy
General terms and conditions